Or perhaps you are thinking, “Ugh.”
- Here are the top 7 reasons why a pet makes a better date this Valentine’s Day
- Pets are of little words. They know exactly what and how you are feeling and will be right by your side when you need them most. No need to send ‘subtle’ hints to what you want from these dates.
- Dog slobber is cute. Date slobber is not cute. Ever.
- You don’t have to share your dessert (and probably shouldn’t). This is great because dessert is the best part about Valentine’s Day! So you get your tempting treats all to yourself. Perfect!
- For the not-so-romantic folks out there, a pet won’t look hopefully, then desperately, and finally disdainfully into your eyes when the evening doesn’t end in a night time helicopter ride around Chicago and a romantic marriage proposal. Won’t happen. Prolonged eye contact totally freaks pets out.
- When your pet follows you around it’s cute. Am I right? Pretty much nothing is better than being adored by a dog. If a date follows you around … we call that
- Dogs don’t care if you are “presentable” or not. You don’t have to buy expensive shoes to hang out. You don’t even have to shower. Just head out on a couple of hikes, toss a ball around, dole out a healthy belly rub and you’re golden! No makeup, no ironing, no extra’s required!
- Pup snuggles are the best. Okay, snuggles from a human can be pretty good too, but when Fido nuzzles into the nape of your neck and huffs a grumbly sigh, you’ll stay in that exact same position for ages so you don’t disrupt the little one’s comfort.
So off you go! Contact your local pet rescue to find your best Valentine’s date yet! And enjoy your treats. All of it.
Have you already found the fuzzy, scaley, feathered love of your life? Submit your pet’s Valentine’s photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter to win a free visit on us!